Digital MarketingMOZCON Local 2017
Justine & Cassandra spent 2 intense days soaking up the latest and greatest in Local SEO and digital marketing. Listening to industry leaders from Google, Whitespark, Yelp and so many more, they brought back a ton of ideas and tools to apply to our digital marketing accounts. Below are just a few takeaways from the conference:
Voice Search is Here – How Will This Impact Search?
- 50% of mobile searchers started using voice search in the last 6 months (December 2016).
- It’s becoming more and more popular as well as more consumer friendly
- Shifting to be more conversational which is shifting site content to be that way
- Voice is more of a question where search is not
- 72% of all reviews are actually real
- 46% of reviews are 5 star
Reviews – Are Words the New Links?
- Enough reviews over the competition can get you into the Local Pack on Google search
- Achieve authority at sites that Google holds in high regard (Yelp, G+, YouTube…)
- Leverage your G+ page with keyword relative categories, hashtags, beautiful images and content. Make sure you are sharing this content through your personal G+ pages and earning more shares and +1’s
Citation Sources That Matter
- Whitespark offers great insight on finding the best citations for your business
- The best Citations in general: YP, Yelp, Thumbtack, Yext