CultureEmployee Spotlight: Cassandra Bryan
Meet Our Founder and Creative Director
Cassandra (Cassie) Bryan is the founder of and creative director at Cassandra Bryan Design. Along with providing our design and digital marketing teams with creative direction, she is responsible for company sales and overall business development.
Although she’s been here since day one, Cassie starts each day with unmatched enthusiasm and energy— even on Monday mornings! Her passion is evident to both clients and employees in everything she does.
Get to know Cassie through a quick interview!
Let’s Chat About Cassandra Bryan Design
When and how did you start Cassandra Bryan Design?
After college and my first post-college job, I started building simple websites for small companies. My freelance business grew, so when I was 23 years old, I started Cassandra Bryan Design in a remodeled walk-in basement closet.
Should anyone be surprised that you’re doing what you are?
Not at all! As far back as middle school, I made and sold business cards to my friends (each had their photo and landline number). Then when I was 16, I sold my first brochure to a regular customer at the diner where I worked.
Tell us about all the hats you’ve worn at Cassandra Bryan Design.
I have had a lot of roles over the years and have loved each one:
- Sales and Business Development (2009 – Present)
- Designer and Front-end Programmer (2009 – 2011)
- Full-time Designer (2011)
- Creative Director (2012 – Present)
How have you been able to ensure work-life balance for both you and your employees?
I’ve learned when to say no. There has never been a time that I have regretted turning down a project that was out of our scope.
How would your employees describe you?
As a terrible driver, which is true! But joking aside, I hope they see my passion for the work that we do. I love coming to work every day knowing that I have the support of my team and that I am there to support them as well. We all laugh every day and work hard to create work that we are proud of.
Now for the Fun Stuff
What do you like to listen to?
My first concert at 16 was to go see TOOL. Currently, you can find me listening to Citizen Cope, The Lumineers, Rihanna, Pearl Jam or Taylor Swift.
What do you like to watch?
I love Syfy series like the Vampire Diaries as well as all the Marvel movies.
What is your favorite drink and food?
My favorite coffee drink is the Raw Sugar Latte from Espresso To Go Go. The best food I have ever had was in Barcelona during my sister-in-law’s 40th birthday trip.
What are a few things you are passionate about?
- Staying positive! Although it can be hard at times, I believe positivity can change any problem into a scalable solution.
- I love to work out so I can eat pizza and drink red wine.
- I have enjoyed pottery and painting in the past, but my current pastime is making beaded bracelets for myself and friends.
- My favorite place to visit currently is Exuma, Bahamas.
- I have always loved cats and other animals. When I was six years old, I jumped in the middle of a catfight to save my cat. Today, I have two Scottish Fold cats and love being greeted at work by our office cat or the many pet dogs who visit regularly.
What is something brave you have done?
At 12, I flew to Europe by myself to visit my grandparents in London, Paris, Germany and Belgium. The castle tours on the Rhine River in Germany were my favorite part.
Finish this sentence: “People would be surprised to know that I…”
…met my now-husband while working as a waitress at The Good Egg.